The strength of TRN Law Associates is based on the foundation built by our shareholder, Tiffany R. Norman, and the team she has created. Our team members work throughout the San Francisco and Marin County areas.
Tiffany R. Norman
Tiffany launched TRN Law Associates in 2010. She is known for her excellent judgment and consistently outstanding results. She has received numerous awards for her work, many by peer review.
Tiffany graduated from the University of California, Berkeley, with an undergraduate degree in legal studies. She received her law degree from California Western School of Law, where she received the highest grade in trial practice and constitutional law. In addition, Tiffany was the student leader in the successful exoneration of an inmate who was wrongfully imprisoned for life for a crime he didn’t commit.
- 2005, California
Honors and Awards:
- “Super Lawyer Rising Star” in 2013 and 2015. This award is only given to 2.5% of attorneys
- Recognized as a “Super Lawyer,” from 2019-2023.
- Consistently recognized as “Top Female Attorney of Northern California,” and a “Top Attorney for Northern California”.
- Awarded the Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services
- Chair of the Bar Association of San Francisco Real Estate Section
Scholarly Lectures and Writings:
- Article for the California Real Property Journal about changes in real estate law
- Speaking engagements with the National Business Institute, educating attorneys throughout the country on cutting-edge law
Brett L. Gibbs
Brett has been a civil litigator for 15 years. He is well-versed in the law, litigating and arbitrating state and federal cases from inception through trial. Brett prides himself on understanding the ins and outs of civil litigation and is a passionate advocate for his clients. There is no problem too little or big, or too easy or complex—he likes to dive in, learn everything he can about the nuances of the strengths and weaknesses, and strategize to find and execute the best and most practical path forward to resolve the issues his clients present. He understands that, sometimes, the best route is to resolve the matter before it starts.
For Brett, if he can get his client their desired result without getting into the rigors and expense of litigation, he considers that a win any day of the week. Helping people get what they want—or sometimes simply what they need—is a goal for which he constantly and consistently strives.
BAR and Court Admissions:
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- University of California College of the Law, San Francisco (UC Law SF; formerly UC Hastings College of Law)
- (Magna Cum Laude), University of Southern California
Pro Bono and Community Service:
- Volunteered in South Texas to represent immigrants facing deportation
- Volunteered in South Central Los Angeles and the Bay Area to teach children and help them learn to read
- Volunteered with SEIU (Local 1877) in Los Angeles
- Volunteered to represent an indigent taxpayer contesting an IRS assessment at trial
James comes to TRN Law Associates with 26 years as an attorney. He enjoys handling law and motion matters, particularly SLAPP motions and appeals/1085-type writs. James assists with trial work and arbitrations, and he frequently consults on discovery. He also provides assistance to lawyers who represent litigants.
- SPOSF Institute v. City and County of San Francisco (2018) 22 Cal.App.5th 77
- Wallace v. McCubbin (2011) 196 Cal.App.4th 1169
- Birkner v. Lam (2007) 156 Cal.App.4th 275
- Daro v. Superior Court (2007) 151 Cal.App.4th 1079
- Johnson v. C &C of San Francisco (2006) 137 Cal.App.4th 7
- Reidy v. C &C of San Francisco (2004) 123 Cal.App.4th 580
- Tom v. C & C of San Francisco (2004) 120 Cal.App.4th 674
- Drouet v. Superior Court (2003) 31 Cal.4th 583T
- 1996, California
- (Cum Laude), Boston University School of Law
- (Cum Laude), San Francisco State University